Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dan Buettner, Pickled Turnips and Rugmaking :)









From Wikipedia


 I was looking for a recipe for turnips because I was given a bunch of organic turnips.
I like pickled foods and I like turnips so I know this will be good, it is a Vegetarian Egyptian Recipe,
 sounds good to me :)
Wonderful Kabees lifet (Pickled Turnips)
 recipe that is easy to prepare.
Recipe found Here
At Homemade recipes


Loads more Vegetarian Recipes
 from around the World 
Here at
Vegetarian Recipes & Cooking





Ingredients:
  • 1 kg white turnips
  • 1 beetroot, peeled and sliced
  • 3 clv garlic (optional)
  • 1 lt water
  • 275 ml vinegar
  • 4 tbl salt
Preparation:

1 PEEL and wash turnips. Cut into quarters and pack into jars adding pieces of the beetroot.
 Add the garlic, if desired.

2 Dissolve the salt in the vinegar and water. Fill each jar until the turnips are covered.
 Seal tightly. The pickles will be ready in about five days.


And NOW ,,, for the Crafting,,,
ever wonder what to do with all those OLD T SHIRTS ?
here is a great idea

How to make a rug from Old T shirt Yarn

Still More. I think you can use this idea to also make
 rugs from old tshirts and even jeans.
 Experiment ,have fun

1 comment:

  1. I have given you a lovely bog award, go to my page and accept it :http://janeen-ourancestors.blogspot.com/2011/03/finding-my-irish-roots.html

    ReplyDelete